- We gather at SF head office for demoing Mifos
- Dilip Sevarthi, who leads SF, gives details about their operations
- SF snapshot: Grameen methodology, operating from the last 8months, 38 JLGs of 5 members each.
- Nayan talks about "what is information"
- Why information is critical ?
- How to capture information and make it easily accessible ?
- How Mifos solves the above problems
- How do you take decisions based on said information ?
- Discussion on Mifos' Reporting system.
Some of the questions/feedback we got
- The software looks as though it is made for our MFI's operational Model
- How do we handle any mistakes we make?
- Shah Alam from SEED Federation was present, he wanted to implement Mifos at SEED Fedration.
- Dilip Sevarthi also runs SHG's in Shikobad, he wanted to use Mifos at the SHG's too.
At the end, we got requests for deploying Mifos @Shakti Foundation, SEED Federation and Mahila Swayam Sahayak Sangh (SHG)
But the challenge was that in 3 days we needed to train three Institutes, Configure Mifos for each institute and also make sure they feed all their old data into Mifos. Also, they wanted to see how their data is shown in the reports, a couple of them also want custom reports in a day or two.
read our next blog to find out what happened next....